Pages

Plants in My Edible Landscape - Indoors and Out

Perennials currently planted in my landscape include:
Strawberries, gooseberries, sweet cherries, bush cherries, tart cherries, peaches, apples, blueberries, elderberries, oregon grape, juniper berries, rhubarb, grapes, serviceberry, chokecherry, sand cherry, ferns, camas, rosehips, raspberries, blackberries, currants, aronia, mountain ash, hawthorne, asparagus, miners lettuce, sunchokes, saffron, Egyptian onions, high bush cranberries, blue honeysuckle, society garlic, kinnickkinnick, and several perennial herbs.

A few were existing plants but most of these were planted by me so I would have a variety ripening over a period of time. I had not grown bush cherries before and although only one foot tall I harvested a handful of tasty tart cherries. 

Indoors I grow a navel orange, pink grapefruit, key lime, lemongrass, lemon verbena, pineapple sage, pineapple, bay, scented geranium, and two Meyer lemon trees.
I look forward to adding more edibles to my yard and to my indoor environment.

In this blog I will alternate information about what I currently grow and what I am not yet growing.  I hope to teach others about edible landscape and learn more myself. 

I have gardened in Colorado, Utah, and Alaska.  Currently I garden and landscape in Bountiful, Utah so what  you can grow in  your landscape maybe somewhat different.  I think you will still benefit by reading my blog and learning about growing edibles in your yard and/or home.
What edibles have you added to your landscape?


No comments:

Post a Comment